- Visited Destinations:
On this trip we will hike for 5-7 hours per day, all the while at an altitude of about 2900m, where we will have impressive view points of the snowy mountains peaks and many beautiful lakes. We will camp close to communities in order to be able to observe and appreciate the art and the textile that is conserved by these communities.
Day 01: Cusco – Calca – Lares Hot Springs – Concani
We leave from Cusco early in the morning by bus and travel through the Sacred Valley arriving to Lares Hot Springs and seped the morning oaking in the medicinal Hot Springs, ofter Lunch we have two hours of trek to our Campsite.Day 02: Concany – Ipsaycocha
After continuing up through the Valley, we arrive to the Community of Huacawasi. People here produce some of the finest weavings in Peru. Here we can observe their grat skills and brilliant techniques in the fabrication of the ponchos and other garments. Passing the village we begin climbing up to Condor Pass, the second of the trip at 4100m. From here we catch a stunning view of the renowned Mount Veronica. (5750m.) Descending gently for about one hour, we come to the beautiful Espsaycocha Lake, our last Campsite.Day 03: Ipsaycocha – Patacancha – Huylloc – Pumamarka – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
After breakfast descending in to the valley, we aventually arrive to the community of willoc where we have a lunch, from here takes two hours to arrive to Pumamarka and enjoy the inca terraces, family we arrive to Ollantaytambo. Situated in a fertile river valley and sheltered by mammoth mountains, this ancient living museums in the world. This is a perfect place to appreciate the vast archeological remains and a wide variety of flowers and birds species the group take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and spend there night in a confortable hostel.Day 04: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
After an early breakfast, we’ll take the bus to Machu Picchu; we register and start on our 3 hour guided visit. After enjoying the remains, we will take the bus down to Aguas Calientes where you will have free time to enjoy the town be fore we return to Cusco.
• Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private bus to Lares.
• English speaking professional guide
• Meals 3 Breakfasts / 3 Lunches / 3 Dinners & snacks
• Cook and cooking equipment
• Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
• 1 emergency horse
• Transportation Huilloc – Ollantaytambo
• Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
• Hotel accommodation
• Round trip bus ticket Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
• Ticket entrance to Machu Picchu
• Train ticket Aguas Calientes to Cusco
• Igloo tents 2 people in each 3-people-capacity tents to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks
• Mattress per person
• Dinner tent
• Toilet tent
• Kitchen tent
• Tables & seats
• Table set
• First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
• Sleeping bad
• Breakfast on the first day
• Lunch and dinner on the last day
What you need to bring and carry:
• A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
• Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
• Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleece and sweaters
• Flashlight and batteries
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain or cold
• Sun block
• Insect repellent
• Toilet paper
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
• Water bottle and sterilizing tablets (ie. Micropur)
• Small towel
• Sleeping Bag
• Swimsuit (if you intend to go to the hot springs)
• Cash in soles and US$
• Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required in Machu Picchu)
Optional services to be hired:
• An extra horse to carry your additional personal items (above the included 9kg): A horse can carry up to 20 kg.
• Sleeping Bag rent
Students: (students require a valid International Student Identity Card and must be below 26 years of age)
Book now 'LARES VALLEY TO MACHUPICCHU 4DAYS / 3NIGHTS'