- Visited Destinations:
Salcantay (Nevado Salcantay) or Salkantay (Nevado Salkantay), Sallqantay in Quechua is the highest peak of the Cordillera Vilcabamba, part of the Peruvian Andes.
You cross a pass at 4510m and then it´s a relaxing walking down. You pass some remote villages, have fabulous views at for example Veronica, Salkantay, other snow peaks, green valleys and the river Urubamba, maybe you can see condors and surely you´ll meet very friendly people.
Day 01: Cusco / Mollepata / Soraypampa.
Transfer in a private bus to Mollepata passing picturesque and traditional towns like Iscuchaca , Ancahuasi and Limatambo, as well highlands plateaus and landscapes with great views of snowcapped mountains that belong to the cordillera Vilcabamba. The bus trip will last 3.00 hours and then the hike is for 6 hours. The trail climbs up from Mollepata sharply to Marqhok'asa pass through the pastures, farming lands, afterwards descending until the campsite through the high brush down to Soraypampa (3750 masl. Day 02 : Soraypampa to Collpapampa
Early in the morning you leave Soraypampa and keep going up the beautiful valley walking just below the majestic snowcapped mountain named Salkantay (6271 masl) after 1:1/2 hours the trek becomes steep zigzagging for a while after that we get the pass named Salkantay pass, 4600 masl from where you will be rewarded with superb views . The trail descends through an old moraine passing great pastures down to the camp of Huayracmachay located at 4000masl. This campsite is subject to change according to the guide's criteria and the evolution of the group. Day 03 : Collpapampa to Lucmabamba
Wake up with lovely mountain scenery and a good morning tea. Continue to the north down to the lush jungle through different ecosystems watching birdlife like hummingbirds, trashes, finches, tanagers, sparrows, guans, parrots, etc It will be a long descending day towards the cloud forest where people live taking advantages of nature, also you will pass great waterfalls. At the end of the day we will see passion fruit fields. The hike will last approximately 9 hours; the campsite is at the community named " La Playa "(2400 masl). Day 04 : Lucmabamba to Aguas Calientes
Leaving la playa the trek continues through plantations of coffee, banana, and tropical fruits. Afterwards the trail climbs up to Patallacta from where you descend until Hidroelectrica ( 1800 masl) and continue to Aguas Calientes where we will set up camp just below Machu Picchu Inca sanctuary , this afternoon you can go to have a bath in the natural hot springs a great place to relax after this challenging trek .Day 05: Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu / Cusco
Early in the morning we take a bus up to Machu Picchu with our expert guide to explore full day in this Inca enigmatic treasure. In the afternoon we take the train back to Cusco and you will be transfered to your hotel.Royal Inca. Day 06.- Cusco - Lima.
Transfer to the airport for your departure fly.
• Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in bus to Mollepata, the starting point of the trek.
• English speaking professional guide
• Meals: 4 Breakfasts/ 4 Lunches/ 4 Dinners
• Cook and cooking equipment, Lunch on the last day in Machupicchu restaurant near by the ruins.
• Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment and your personal Back pack.1 emergency horse
• Hotel in Aguas Calientes Entrance fee to Salkantay
• Entrance fee to Machu Picchu Return Bus To Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu Aguas Calientes
Vistadome service) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then bus to Cusco .
• Igloo tents: 2 people in each 3-people-capacity tents, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks.
• Mattress per person
• Dinner tent
• Toilet tent
• Kitchen tent
• Tables & seats
• Table set
• First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
• Breakfast on the first day.
• Arrival in Cusco is estimated around 8.00pm,
• Visit to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes:
What you need to bring :
• A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
• Rain jacket or poncho.
• Strong footwear, ideally trekking .. Sleeping Bag.
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleece and sweaters
• Flashlight and batteries
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain or cold
• Sun block
• Insect repellent
• Toilet paper
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
• Water bottle and sterilizing tablets (ie. Micropur)
• Small towel• Swimsuit (if you intend to go to the hot springs )
• Cash in soles and US$ ( ATM machines in Aguas Calientes)
• Original passport
• Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required)
Optional services to be hired:
• An extra hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be booked for you at an additional cost depending on the hotel you choose.
• If you wish to visit Machu Picchu again the following day, the additional cost of the entrance fee will be charged
Book now 'TREK TO: SALKANTAY – SANTA TERESA – MACHUPICCHU 5DAYS / 4NIGHTS'